Adam Shaw @at_dads_table is the contributor of this delicious recipe. You can find loads of inspiration for meals for all the family on his Instagram page, or in his new book "How to Grow your Family". You can find the book here.
The dates, oats and almonds make these balls great for a slow-release energy boost. Make a load for the freezer and either eat them frozen or just take out a few at a time to keep in the refrigerator when needed.
Makes around 18 balls
Prep time: 15 minutes, plus 2 hours + chilling time
Family-Friendly (once checked for nut allergies)
· 200g/7oz/1 1/3 cup destoned Medjool dates, chopped
· 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
· 50g/1¾oz/1/2 cup rolled oats
· 80g/3oz almonds, chopped
· 3 tablespoons tahini
· 2 tablespoons peanut butter
· 4–5 tablespoons desiccated coconut, for rolling